The average group size for kayak tours is 6 – 12 paddlers. We mainly use sit-on-top tandem kayaks, so if you want a single, please request it.
No experience is required. There can be some semi-difficult parts of the paddle to maneuver, but overall, it’s an easy paddle. We are protected from wind and waves throughout the tour, which helps ease the paddling.
The Honey Island Swamp Tour can have a little current after a rain and can make for a more difficult paddle at times. If you are concerned about your ability, then choose the New Orleans Kayak Swamp Tour.
Wildlife sightings depend on the season. We do not feed the wildlife on our trips. However, we do see a variety of animals, including egrets, herons, eagles, alligators, and turtles.
The weight limit is 240 pounds (108 kg).
- Shoes or flipflops
- Active wear — light, layered synthetic clothing (if you have it)
- Change of clothes (optional)
- A smile
- A tip for your guide
- Professional, passionate, and knowledgeable local guides
- Kayaks and all paddling equipment: PFDs, paddles, etc.
- Waterproof cases for phones (available for purchase)
How we differ from other swamp tours:
- We don’t feed the wildlife. Don’t support companies that feed swamp animals… Keep the wildlife wild. Marshmallows, no matter what the tour guide says, is not natural alligator food.
- We offer smaller tour groups. Don’t be a number. Thirty+ tourists on a tour is not a fun way to spend money or time.
- We have knowledgable tour guides. Your guide will narrate and educate you about the importance of the swamp, and you will have more than one opportunity to pick up a piece of litter. Become the change you want to see and take action to preserve the vital wetland ecosystem that filters our water and provides for us more than we know!
Seven reasons to visit New Orleans right now:
- Beautiful architecture and street scenes
- Break-the-mouth food
- Free music on the street
- The swamp always has something to offer the adventurer
- Second line party
- The weather is awesome
- Festivals, so many festivals!
Yes! We are a leader in delivering team building kayak swamp tours in New Orleans for all kinds and sizes of groups, including small to large businesses, schools, sports teams, clubs, associations, government departments, and not-for-profit organizations.
Our team building tours are fun and tailored to the objectives, time frame, and budget of our clients, with an overall aim to improve team performance and enhance workplace culture. Join a New Orleans Kayak Swamp Tour to get the team smiling!
- Understand Teamwork
- Improve Communication
- Develop Leadership
- Create Bonding Experiences
- Inspire Confidence
- Show Responsibility
- Have fun
Our commitment to you
- To deliver a tailored and personal tour for our business guests.
- To provide a fun and engaging swamp tour or cycle boat tour for all participants.
- To develop teamwork with a focus on communication, planning, time management, and trust.
- To foster a positive cultural environment in a educational and ecological setting.
- To provide value-for-money with the best swamp tour experience or pedal boat tour.
- For participants to learn about and appreciate each other in a non-threatening environment.
- For the group as a whole to work together more effectively.
- For the group to give back to the community by positively influencing and impacting others (ex: swamp or river trash cleanup).