Explore the magical Maurepas and Manchac swamps on an unforgettable guided kayak tour. This tour offers the best wildlife viewing in the area.
Swamp and Plantation Tour New Orleans
Enjoy a Rich Cultural and Ecological Experience of Louisiana!
- Private Tour
- Person Can bring up to 8 for additional cost
- Additional Person
Explore Maurepas Swamp and Whitney Plantation
Immerse yourself in New Orleans’ natural landscapes and culture on this full-day tour. Paddle down the Maurepas swamp on a guided kayak tour, enjoy delicious Cajun food, and visit the historic Whitney Plantation.
What to Expect
- Roundtrip transportation to and from New Orleans
- Beginner New Orleans kayak swamp tour and paddle through Maurepas Swamp
- Ecosystem narration from your guide about the swamp
- View wildlife and a picturesque landscape
- Stop at B&C Seafood Restaurant for authentic Cajun cuisine (option to purchase food)
- Whitney Plantation guided tour
- Visit the museum, Baptist church, and gift shop
- Take photos of the Live Oak corridor that leads up to the “Big House”
- Head back to Nola
At times, the Whitney Plantation becomes too busy to make week-of bookings. In the occasion that the Whitney Plantation tour is not available, we go to the Oak Alley Plantation. We highly regard both of these tours and the narratives and perspectives they share concerning Louisiana’s plantation history.