Celebrating Valentine’s Day in New Orleans
Celebrating Valentine’s Day in New Orleans: The Ultimate Romantic Guide
Are you planning a romantic getaway to New Orleans for Valentine’s Day? Look no further, because we’ve got you covered with the ultimate guide to celebrating the holiday of love in the Big Easy.
New Orleans is known for its rich history, vibrant culture, and, of course, its romantic atmosphere. From its picturesque French Quarter to its delicious Creole cuisine, there’s no shortage of ways to spoil your significant other on Valentine’s Day.
Romantic Hotels in New Orleans
When it comes to finding the perfect place to stay, New Orleans has no shortage of romantic hotels. Here are a few of our top picks:
- The Ritz-Carlton, located in the heart of the French Quarter, offers luxurious accommodations and top-notch service. The hotel’s on-site spa and gourmet restaurant make it the perfect spot for a romantic getaway.
- The Windsor Court Hotel is another luxurious option, featuring elegant guest rooms and a world-renowned art collection. The hotel’s spa and award-winning restaurant, The Grill Room, are must-visits for any couples seeking a romantic escape.
- For a more intimate, boutique experience, check out The Old No. 77 Hotel & Chandlery. This chic hotel, located in the Central Business District, boasts a rooftop pool and bar, as well as a trendy cocktail bar on the ground floor.
Romantic Dining in New Orleans
New Orleans is a foodie paradise, and there are plenty of romantic dining options to choose from. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Antoine’s is the oldest family-run restaurant in the United States, and it’s a must-visit for any couple looking for a truly special dining experience. The restaurant’s classic French-Creole cuisine and elegant atmosphere make it the perfect spot for a romantic meal.
- For a more casual but equally delicious option, try Bacchanal Wine. This laid-back wine bar in the Bywater neighborhood serves up small plates and an impressive selection of wines in a charming courtyard setting.
- If you’re in the mood for seafood, Galatoire’s is the place to be. This iconic French-Creole restaurant, located in the French Quarter, is known for its fresh oysters, crabmeat ravigote, and other seafood specialties. The dress code is formal, so be sure to dress to impress.
Romantic Things to Do in New Orleans
New Orleans is a city full of romance and history, and there are plenty of things to do to make your Valentine’s Day extra special. Here are a few ideas:
- Take a stroll through the French Quarter, hand in hand, and enjoy the charming architecture and vibrant atmosphere.
- Paddle your partner through spanish moss draped cypress trees in a tandem guided kayak swamp tour.
- Grab another couple and jump on the bike bar for a mural tour in the bywater.